This Warm Pear Baked French Toast is make with thick and hearty slices of bread that come out with browned tops and crispy edges without being soggy.
Pears – Seasonal Fall Fruit
I love watching my trees suddenly turn from green to orangish-red. Fall is truly my favorite season. Pumpkins, squashes, apples, and pears are some of my favorite things about Fall. I love cooking my meals around the season. I find that I am able to save money by shopping with what is being harvested, especially if you are able to get produce locally. My neighbor just picked all of her pears and they are overflowing on her kitchen counter. I thought this would be the perfect fall meal to cook and blog about this afternoon.
How to Make Warm Pear French Toast Bake
Start by arranging bread slices in 9X13 in baking dish. I was able to get 8 slices in my baking dish. I had to break some of them up a bit. Next, whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread, place in the fridge, and allow to sit overnight. I also pre peeled and sliced 3 ripe pears and placed them in a ziplock then in the refrigerator so it wouldn’t take as long in the morning. All the prep and mess is done, now you can sit back and relax.
The next morning bake at 375 degrees until brown, approximately 25-35 minutes. If you didn’t already peel and slice your pears into small slices, do that while it is in the oven. If you did it the night before take them out of the refrigerator and then warm a small pan with a little coconut or olive oil and add your pears to heat them up. Serve french toast with warmed pears and maple syrup and any left over pears on the side.
More of our Favorite French Toast Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana French Toast
- The Best Basic French Toast
- Baked Banana French Toast
- Stuffed Berry French Toast
Warm Pear Baked French Toast
- 8 slices french bread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium pears
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Arrange bread slices in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. If they don’t fit, tear the bread into pieces. Whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread. Place in the fridge, covered, and allow to sit overnight.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until brown.
- While the french toast is baking, peel and slice pears. Spray cooking spray on a skillet and add butter. When the butter is melted, pour in the honey and stir. Add pear slices and cook over medium heat until they are carmelized on what side, 5-7 minutes.
- Serve french toast with warmed pears and sauce.