- 8 ounce Soba Noodles, dry
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 medium pear
- Prepare soba noodles as directed on package. While cooking, julienne squash and carrot, slice celery into small diagonal pieces, and set aside.
- Begin the glaze by whisking the corn starch with the cold water until dissolved and smooth. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and sesame oil; whisk again. Mince garlic and stir into sauce. Set aside.
- Using a large skillet or wok, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil; swirl to coat and heat over medium. Add shrimp. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes until shrimp is pink and opaque. Remove from pan and cover.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Once hot, add squash, carrot, celery, and shelled edamame. Cook until soft, approximately 3 minutes. Pour in the glaze and stir until it thickens a bit. Remove from heat; stir in noodles, chopped green onions, and sprouts. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 565kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 2060mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 25g