- 4 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 stalk celery
- 1 pound beef roast
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing, low fat
- 2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- Cut carrots, onion, potatoes, and celery into large chunks.
- Place the roast in a large crockpot.
- Mix cornstarch with tomato sauce, then spread over beef; top with vegetables, parsley, and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145° F. Allow meat to rest for 3-5 minutes before cutting (or shredding).
- Dice tomatoes and cucumber; shred lettuce (if necessary). Add to a large mixing bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve roast and veggies with salad and applesauce on the side.
Calories: 842kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 70g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 235mg | Sodium: 720mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 23g