- 3 pound beef roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix, dry
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium russet potato
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 medium plum
- Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat, then brown the roast for about 4 minutes per side.
- Place roast in slow cooker; add soup mix and water. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until roast is no longer pink.
- About 3 hours before roast is done, peel and chop the carrots, onion, potatoes, and celery; add to the crockpot. (Veggies can be added sooner but they will be a bit mushy.)
- Serve with sliced plums on the side.
Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 715mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g