This delicious Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe is the perfect healthy meal after a busy day of school, work, and soccer practice.
Hey guys! Tiffany from Feel Great in 8 back again! I’m excited to share this simple, real food slow cooker recipe with you today!
All four of my children go back to school and start the fall soccer season next week. So, like many of you, I’m gearing up for a busy fall full of homework, practices, games, and a lot of mom taxi driving. One of my favorite ways to help calm our crazy evenings is to plan at least 2 or 3 slow cooker dinners a week.
I love that I can prep and load the slow cooker during the quieter part of my day and then come home to a healthy home cooked meal at the end of all the craziness. I also have a nice big CrockPot brand slow cooker which means I can double recipes and have plenty for a quick meal of leftovers later in the week.
This slow cooker beef & broccoli recipe is a favorite in my house. It takes just a few minutes to throw together (especially if you have your butcher cut the roast for you and use pre-cut frozen broccoli), it is full of protein and veggies, and of course the homemade version is much healthier than take-out.
This is also one that you can turn into a simple freezer meal! Just freeze all of the ingredients except the corn starch and broccoli in a gallon size freezer bag. When you are ready to cook, let the bag thaw for 24 hours in the refrigerator, or just add 2 hours to the cooking time. Once the meat is done, add the corn starch and broccoli as normal. I’ll often buy a big roast and put together extra freezer meals while putting ingredients into the slow cooker. It takes just a few extra minutes and I love having meals in the freezer for those extra busy weeks!
I hope your family loves this simple meal as much as mine does! Oh, and if you’re looking to add more slow cooker recipes to your fall/winter rotation, checkout two more of my favorites: Creamy Chicken & Potatoes and Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken!
– Tiffany is a wife, mom of 4, foodie, dark chocolate lover, creator and host of the Feel Great in 8 Challenge, and blogger at www.feelgreatin8.com. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and creating healthy real food recipes.
Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli
- 2 pound beef roast
- 4 cup broccoli
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cup, diced watermelon
- Chop beef and broccoli. Set broccoli aside and place beef into slow cooker. Add broth, soy sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, and chili flakes to slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk corn starch into water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- Just before beef is finished, steam broccoli by adding 1/2 cup of water and the chopped broccoli to a small pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook on high for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and stir broccoli into the slow cooker.
- Serve with watermelon on the side.