- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2 medium orange
- 1 medium avocado
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- 2 medium lemon
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 7 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium lime
- Cook quinoa as directed on package. Remove corn from the freezer to thaw.
- Meanwhile, peel orange and cut sections into thirds. Dice avocado into cubes, drain and rinse beans, and cut broccoli into small pieces. Add oranges, avocado, beans and broccoli to a large mixing bowl; toss together. Add chopped cilantro and cranberries.
- For the dressing: juice two lemons into a small bowl. Add minced garlic, honey, and 6 tablespoons of olive oil; whisk briskly until fully incorporated.
- Add quinoa, thawed corn, and dressing to the bean mixture. Toss together to combine and coat evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shrimp; squeeze the juice of the lime over the shrimp. Cook each side for 1-2 minutes, until shrimp turn orange and curl up into a “C” shape. Add to salad and serve. (Serving size: 4-6 large shrimp, 1 cup salad)
Calories: 713kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 520mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 22g