- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 3/4 cup vinegar, white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp, whole red pepper/chili flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 each bay leaf
- 6 cup water
- 2 head medium (5-6″ dia.) cauliflower
- 1/8 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 2 pepper bell pepper, orange
- 4 slice ham, deli sliced
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Cook quinoa as directed on package; stir in butter and set aside covered.
- Add wine, oil, salt, lemon juice, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes (if heat is desired), sugar, bay leaf and 6 cups of water; boil.
- Cut cauliflower into large florets; add 1/2 to boiling water mixture and cook for 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cauliflower florets.
- Roast in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on edges, stirring halfway through roasting.
- Serve quinoa and cauliflower with pepper strips and ham.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 3719mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g