- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 30 ounce kidney beans, canned
- 16 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cup, cubes watermelon
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Heat a large pot over medium heat; add onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic to onions; cook for 1 minute. Add beef; cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring to crumble.
- Once beef is no longer pink, add tomatoes (with liquid), drained and rinsed kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to simmer on low for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Serve with watermelon.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 928mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g