Our Pizza Sauce Recipe is crazy fast to make and is packed with extras for maximum nutrition and flavor!
How Do You Make Homemade Pizza Sauce?
You can buy pizza sauce in a jar, but if you are going to make your own pizza dough from scratch, why not make your own sauce to go with it. The key to a good pizza sauce recipe is making sure it is thick enough, and also that it won’t take you forever to make. Our pizza sauce recipe takes elements of a regular homemade sauce, and then adds nutritionally power packed ingredients to make it an amazing sauce!
I began by pureeing:
- Marinara Sauce
- Garbanzo Beans (you can use any white bean)
Spread on your pizza crust, add toppings and bake like you normally would.
What is the Best Pizza Crust To Use With Homemade Pizza Sauce?
We love our homemade pizza crust. It is thick, chewy and made completely with whole wheat! It pairs really well with a thick flavorful sauce. You will never look at pizza nights the same way with these two recipes. Kids love to eat pizza and if you make it packed full of good nutrition, then let them eat it!
Power Packed Pizza Sauce
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel and slice carrots thinly. Add to a small microwave safe dish with enough water to cover the carrots. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until they have softened enough to blend with other ingredients.
- Add sauce, carrots, spinach, drained beans and seasonings to a blender. Mix until smooth.