- 2 medium avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 4 large egg
- 1 tablespoon chives, dried
- 2 medium orange
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium.
- Mash avocados and season with salt and pepper; mix and set aside.
- Place one pita at a time into skillet and brown both sides; approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Set each browned pita on a separate plate. Spread each pita with mashed avocado and spritz with lemon juice.
- Slice tomatoes and layer 3-4 slices on top of each pita.
- Add eggs to hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 1 minute. Egg whites will firm up and the yolk will remain runny.
- Add one egg on top of each of the four pitas; sprinkle with chopped chives if desired.
- Serve with orange wedges.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 494mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 4g