- 8 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place spinach in a colander. Once pasta is done cooking, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water then pour the remaining water and pasta over the spinach in the colander to drain. Set aside.
- Add oil to the pot the pasta was cooked in and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the hot oil; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Pour pasta mixture back into the pot, then stir in ricotta, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in reserved pasta water a little a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve warm with chopped pineapple on the side.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 369mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g