This simple, colorful dinner packs veggies right into the main course! Toss whole grain pasta together with sauteed veggies and freshly-grated Parmesan cheese for a quick and kid-friendly weeknight meal.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium apple
- Dice vegetables and mince garlic; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, drizzle the olive oil in a deep-sided sauté pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until tender but not overcooked.
- Drain the pasta and add to the saute pan with the vegetables.
- Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Serve with apples on the side.