This simple, colorful dinner packs veggies right into the main course! Toss whole grain pasta together with sauteed veggies and freshly-grated Parmesan cheese for a quick and kid-friendly weeknight meal.
- 2 medium apple
- Dice vegetables and mince garlic; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, drizzle the olive oil in a deep-sided sauté pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until tender but not overcooked.
- Drain the pasta and add to the saute pan with the vegetables.
- Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Serve with apples on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie