Whether you are having your own little summer party with an Asian Flare, or just want to make something fun for an afternoon snack, this fruit sushi can fit the bill. I saw this idea in our June issue of our children’s magazine! The only problem they had was they didn’t have pictures! As soon as I read it, I decided it would be perfect for my kids.
We’ve got two ideas here:
- Cut chunks of cantaloupe
- Cucumber: Use vegetable peeler to peel long thin slices
- Wrap cucumber slices around cantaloupe and secure with toothpick.
- Sprinkle with coconut (their ideas was sprinkles, but I didn’t have any)
- Slice bananas into chunks
- Use fruit leather (the kind you find in the produce section, where they don’t add any sugar, or make your own)
- Wrap fruit leather around banana
- Sprinkle with coconut
Want more sushi? Check out our alfalfa sushi sandwiches, or Americanized Kids Sushi!
The kids had fun making these. Let them roll the fruit! The melons are also soft enough that it’s great for kids learning to cut.
Need more snack ideas? Check out our meal plans here!