- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 4 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large egg
- 2 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Begin by slicing the pepper into 1/4 inch thick strips; set aside.
- Using a large flower shaped food cutter, cut each slice of bread into the flower shape. Next carefully cut a hole in the center for the egg to rest, and act as the center of the flower.
- Heat a large skillet of medium-high heat; drizzle olive oil in skillet; allow a few seconds to heat.
- Place as many slices of bread as will fit into the skillet; crack an egg into each of the bread holes for the flower center. Allow egg to cook to desired doneness. Cook the circle from the bread on the hot pan as well, making both sides crispy. Arrange the pepper into the stem and leaves of the flower. The orange wedges will become the sun or more color for the flower.
- Enjoy your creative breakfast of flowers!
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 219mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g