- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/3 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 medium orange
- 1 cup pineapple
- Pound out chicken to an even thickness of approximately 1/2 inch, or thinner for quicker baking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour into a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour, then place onto a plate.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium. Add butter and olive oil to hot skillet and allow butter to melt. Add chicken and cook both sides until golden, working in batches and adding more butter/oil as necessary. Continue until all chicken has been cooked. Place cooked chicken onto a plate and set aside.
- Mince garlic, chop shallots, and slice mushrooms. Add to hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Marsala wine, broth, and parsley. Stir, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Whisk in approximately 1 tablespoon of flour and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken back to skillet, turn heat to low, cover, and cook for 4-5 minutes until warmed through. Be sure chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink in the center.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl; toss to combine and serve alongside chicken.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 237mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g