French Toast Waffles
Classic French toast cooks quickly and comes with a fun look when you make it in your waffle iron! We've topped ours with sweet and convenient frozen blueberries.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 2 waffles, 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 none cooking spray
- 2 cup blueberries, frozen
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until light in color. Add the milk, vanilla and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and beat until well combined. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time, into the egg mixture, coating both sides, without soaking the bread.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Fill waffle iron with as many slices of dipped bread as will fit and then close the lid and let the bread cook until golden brown and crispy on the outside, about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place berries into a saucepan and warm over low heat. Serve on top of waffles.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 365mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g