- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 28 cup tomato sauce
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a large dutch oven brown the ground beef over medium high heat until it is not longer pink. Drain the grease.
- While beef is cooking, dice your onion and mince your garlic.
- Add the onions and garlic to the meat and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce (28 oz can), diced tomatoes with juice (28 oz), water, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in uncooked macaroni and corn and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the macaroni is done
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1785mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g