- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 28 cup tomato sauce
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a large dutch oven brown the ground beef over medium high heat until it is not longer pink. Drain the grease.
- While beef is cooking, dice your onion and mince your garlic.
- Add the onions and garlic to the meat and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce (28 oz can), diced tomatoes with juice (28 oz), water, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in uncooked macaroni and corn and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the macaroni is done
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie