- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup basil, fresh
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 medium sweet potato
- 4 cup spinach
- 2 cup lettuce, romaine
- 2 medium orange
- In a food processor or blender, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, walnuts, salt, and pepper for the pesto. Add more lemon juice, salt, and/or pepper to taste.
- Arrange the chicken in the bottom of a large slow cooker. (You can use frozen.)
- Top with cheese, then pour the pesto evenly over top. Cover with a layer of foil or parchment paper.
- Scrub sweet potatoes well (leaving the skin on), prick with a fork, and lay them on top of the paper or foil. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. (If your chicken is frozen it will take a bit longer.)
- Use tongs to carefully remove the sweet potatoes as well as the foil or parchment. The steam that comes out will be quite hot; keep small children away!
- Serve chicken and sweet potatoes alongside a salad of greens and orange wedges, topped with your favorite dressing.
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 524mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g