Christmas Muffins with eggnog, fresh cranberries and walnuts that will make your whole house smell like Mrs. Claus’s kitchen!
Christmas Morning Muffins
Christmas morning can be hectic! Kid’s running around the house, pulling you out of bed, begging to open their presents and rummaging through their stockings. These Fresh Cranberry Christmas Eggnog muffins are perfect to bake the night before and then all you have to do is zap them in the microwave if you want them warm or just serve them cooled! They’re perfect to eat under the tree as you see what Santa brought the family.
The Best Muffin Ingredient
The best muffins are those made with buttermilk. It gives them an amazing flavor and texture. In this recipe we decided to use something that is equally amazing in flavor and texture……Eggnog! It is cinnamony sweet with a hint of nutmeg and a whole lot of holiday. It gives these muffins an edge that will make you want to make them every Christmas. If you don’t want to use store bought eggnog in this recipe, you can also use our Healthy Eggnog Recipe!
Make these Christmas Muffins perfect for your family! Not into walnuts? Leave them out (but they are a great source of omega-3’s which is why I used them). You can swap them for any type of nuts or white chocolate chips if you want to make these more of a dessert muffin. Don’t like eggnog? Just use regular buttermilk. You can swap out fresh cranberries for dried but I will say I love using fresh cranberries in baked goods! The flavor is so bright and festive!
Don’t over mix the batter. As soon as the dry and wet ingredients are incorporated stop mixing! If you work the batter too much your muffins will be tough. Also, make sure your oven is preheated all the way before you put the batter in! The high heat helps the batter to rise properly.
- 2 cup, chopped cranberries, raw
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped cranberries and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add all other ingredients and stir just until combined. NOTE: Make sure your eggs are room temperature and your coconut oil is melted.
- Add sugared cranberries and gently fold in.
- Fill liners full and then bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Serve warm or cool! If you want them to be sweeter you can make a quick glaze with powdered sugar and milk!
Enjoy our Christmas Muffins!