- 4 each chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, red
- 2 cup grapes
- 3/4 cup black olives, canned
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- Boil a large stock pot of water; add chicken breasts. Bring back to boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove fully cooked chicken and allow to cool to the touch; shred into smaller pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop onion, halve grapes and olives; add to mixing bowl with chicken.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, add the mayo, yogurt, juice of half the lemon, chopped, fresh parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add mayo mixture to chicken and blend well, coating evenly.
- Slice pitas in half, add some spinach and then stuff with chicken salad. Serve with pepper slices on the side.
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 889mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 20g