- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup water
- Cook rice as directed on package; set aside covered when done.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and diced onion, cook until soft, approximately 2-3 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoon of oil in skillet, add chicken. Saute and brown chicken on both sides. Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth; boil. Return mushrooms to pan, cover and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Whisk together the flour and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Add to chicken just as it finishes cooking; stirring, allow to thicken.
- Serve with rice, carrot side and sliced pears.
- Cut carrots into 2 inch pieces and slice in half, lengthwise down the middle.
- In a saute pan add remaining olive oil then then carefully add remaining ingredients; Cook for 10-15 minutes, until carrots are soft. (Option B, cut carrots into coins and top your rice and chicken with it)
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 464mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g