Broccoli Mashed PotatoesPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 1/2 cup
- 3 large russet potato
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Add an inch of water to the bottom of a 4-quart pot, and place a steamer basket in the bottom. Add the potatoes and bring the water to a boil; cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and steam 5 more minutes, or until the potatoes are quite tender, and the broccoli is tender enough to pierce easily with a fork.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Add butter, milk, cheese, pepper and salt. Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth.
- Serve warm.