Want a happy morning family? Then you need to have a Blueberry French Toast Casserole ready to pop in the oven for breakfast. This is the perfect dish to whip up the night before or make it in the morning and pop it in the oven for brunch.
I am not going to lie… this is the best French toast casserole I have tried. It has the perfect mix of ingredients and the flavors of almond, cinnamon and blueberry will explode in your month with your first bite. French toast is a staple in our family, definitely a top morning request. I love that the recipe is flexible enough that I can make it ahead of time, especially if I have friends coming over for a brunch. If you have 10 minutes you can make it quite spur of the moment as well.
Making Blueberry French Toast Casserole
I said 10 minutes of prep and I’m not kidding, take a look. You cut up the bread slices into cubes or about 6 cups worth. In a mixing bowl you combine all the ingredients except the blueberries and whisk well. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and fill it with the bread cubes. Pour the liquid mixture over the bread and toss (like a salad!). You can either let it sit for 30 minutes before popping it into the oven @ 350 for 40-45 minutes or you can let it sit over night and cook it in the morning. This recipe can feed up to 10 people!
Breakfast for Dinner
Our family could eat it any time of the day, and it’s fairly common to find us eating some kind of breakfast recipe for our dinners, especially when we are so busy on week night with our kids. Sometimes we get off track with our breakfast choices but not with this recipe. It is simple to throw together and it is beyond delicious and filling.
If you are bored with the standard French Toast recipes out there then this Blueberry French toast casserole is the way to go. You will be trying to fit the next bite into your mouth before you’re finished with the first. Before my kids dig into this deliciousness they like to add some pure maple syrup and a little powdered sugar dusted on the top. If you happen to have extra blueberries – check out some of our other yummy Blueberry Breakfast recipes!
Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 12 slice bread, whole wheat
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 none cooking spray
- 2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, pure
- Cut bread slices into cubes (enough for 6 cups).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, honey, vanilla, almond extract, and cinnamon. Whisk well.
- Spray a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray and fill it with the bread. Pour the liquid mixture over top, and toss to ensure all the bread is moistened. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes, then mix in the blueberries.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and the bread is golden.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with butter and maple syrup if desired.