- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking dish with a cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cube squash; set aside.
- Set out 3 shallow bowls or dishes (pie plates work great). Add flour to the first dish, whisk egg in the second, and combine Parmesan, bread crumbs, and garlic powder in the third.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the flour, then into the egg wash, then finally into the bread crumb mixture, shaking off excess after each step.
- Place coated chicken into prepared dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, warm marinara sauce in a small saucepan over low, and bring broth to a boil in a large skillet.
- Add the cubed squash to the boiling broth, then cover and simmer 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Once tender, remove cover, increase heat, and allow most of the liquid to cook off.
- Stir in cranberries, pecans, and butter to taste. (A dash of cinnamon could be added as well just before serving.)
- Top chicken with marinara sauce; serve squash on the side.
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 1202mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 39g