Make Halloween night healthy and fun with some Halloween themed dinner ideas!
Traditions around food have a special impact that kids remember forever! Thanksgiving is memorable for the Turkey, 4th of July for the BBQ, and possibly Easter for the ham. But what about Halloween? Starting a Halloween dinner tradition, before the kids go out for the candy, can be a fun way to kick off the night. Choose from these 13 ideas below, or let us know your favorite Halloween night dinner idea!
- Carrot Ginger Quinoa Pepper Jacks Anything made in a “pepper pumpkin”, is a fun addition to Halloween night, but adding quinoa plus black beans to this a great way to get a little extra protein!
- Spooky Halloween Monster Mash Soup This idea can be done with ANY of your favorite soups! I would do a butternut squash soup for sure, because the color is so perfect!
- Pumpkin Jack and Cheese Bowls Kids love mac and cheese, so this delicious dish is sure to be a hit!
- Shepherds Pie Stuffed Peppers– I would have never thought of making shepherds pie this way. Let the kids carve out their own peppers and get creative with the faces.
- Halloween Meatloaf Cupcake. Isn’t this a simple dish? Pumpkin Meatloaf cupcakes!
- Ghoulishly Green Vegan Potato Soup Love this blended potato soup with greens for nutrition and an element of spooky fun.
- Spooky Skull Vegan Pot Pie If this pie looks too complicated, check out this article for laying the pie crust on top instead.
- Frankenstein pasta We just added this fun one to our blog, delicious pasta, that looks like Frankenstein! How easy would this be?
- Mummy Pot Pie I’ve seen mummy’s done a lot of different ways, over toast, as pizza, with hot dogs, and more. But these healthy pot pies pare probably my favorite!
- Terror Taco Salad This has been one of the favorites on our meal plan for years! It’s simply taco salad, made just crazy enough for a holiday!
- Mini Halloween Pizzas Whether they are personal, mini pizzas, or you make one big one, adding a little Halloween flair is easy with your toppings.
- Eyeball Meatball How fun is this?? If you love spaghetti and meatballs, adding cheese and olives to turn them into eyeballs makes this ordinary dinner, extraordinary.
- Halloween Cheeseburger And finally, an open faced cheeseburger, so you can see the Jack O Lantern Cheese!
We hope you find a fun idea to start a Halloween holiday tradition with your kids and use one of these Halloween themed dinner ideas! Let us know if you do, or if you have one we didn’t mention!