- 1 medium poblano pepper
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium onion, sweet
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 1/2 cup bulgur, dry
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 2/3 cup Kefir
- Slice the peppers into strips. Slice the onions vertically, and slice mushrooms. Chop sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips. Mince garlic, and slice 1 pound chicken into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Once hot add the peppers, onion and garlic. Saute until starting to lightly brown.
- Add chicken, thyme, sun-dried tomato and mushrooms. Stir. Once mushrooms are cooked, add bulgur, stock and kefir.
- Bring to simmer, cover, and reduce heat to low-medium. Stir after about 10 minutes. Recover and cook until liquid is absorbed (around 8-10 more minutes).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie