Why do your kids need protein?
- Builds and repairs tissue.
- Fights infections through antibody formation.
- supplies energy.
- Forms enzymes and hormones.
What is a good source of protein? SESAME SEEDS!! 1/4 cup has 6.5 grams of protein. That’s a great source. Plus it is high in fiber and other essential nutrients. So, what do you do with Sesame seeds besides make a bird house?
- We usually add them to granola bars!
- Add them to Breads or muffins
- Sprinkle on salads
- Puree for adding flavor
- Add to stir-fry veggies
- Blend with light mayonnaise for a sandwich spread
- Add to cookie dough
- Sprinkle over steamed broccoli
Can’t find them in the store? They are with the spices.