Over the Rainbow Sandwich
This colorful, super-healthy sandwich makes for a lunch that's both tasty and nutritious.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 4 servings
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 slice bread, multi-grain
- 4 leaf inner lettuce
- 1 each beet
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 2 cup yogurt, plain
- Combine avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Top four slices of bread with avocado mixture and add lettuce.
- Grate beet and carrot; slice tomato. Add some of the beets and carrots to each of the four slices of bread, along with a slice of tomato. Top with remaining bread slices, and cut each sandwich in half.
- Serve with yogurt and berries on the side.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 397mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 19g