- 6 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 pound beef steak, any cut
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 stalk green onion
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the broth and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the garlic and ginger in 2 teaspoons oil for 1 minute.
- Stir-fry the peppers in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture and add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat grill and cook steaks until desired doneness is achieved.
- Serve vegetable mixture over steak and serve with rice if desired.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1617mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g