- 6 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 pound beef steak, any cut
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 stalk green onion
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the broth and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the garlic and ginger in 2 teaspoons oil for 1 minute.
- Stir-fry the peppers in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture and add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat grill and cook steaks until desired doneness is achieved.
- Serve vegetable mixture over steak and serve with rice if desired.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie