Planning healthy food for camping doesn’t have to be complicated! Get our printable healthy camping meal plan that will make cooking for your family while camping a breeze!
Last week we went camping! Rather than bringing marshmallows and chips, we brought healthy food, with little to no complaints from my kids! Mostly because everything tasted so great. Scroll to the bottom of the post for complete meal plan and shopping list that you can print! We only stayed one night, and this was our feast:
We decided on oatmeal, berries, eggs, and turkey bacon.
- I boiled eggs ahead of time, put them in a container in the cooler.
- I chopped berries for our oatmeal, also put them in the cooler.
- My husband wanted to also cook eggs at camp, “for a real camping breakfast”, so we also added uncooked eggs, stored in a container like this:
We love cast iron for cooking when we camp. This is a link to our favorite cast iron skillet.
We also ate some of the melon we had chopped for lunch!
- Brought all the fixings for sandwiches with whole wheat bagels. We prefer bagels to bread because they hold up better, rather than smashing.
- I chopped all our vegetables and fruit, and added it to a container in the cooler.
No prep needed- we brought pistachios and apples.
Taco Soup! We love this filling and super easy dinner when we are camping. We also have a set of camping dishes and cookware to bring with us that we can use on a grill, or in a fire if needed. This is our favorite camping dishes set!
- I made the entire soup ahead of time, using our pre-cooked ground beef I posted last week! This is our fast, easy, and MOST delicious recipe we have, so the kids were thrilled to eat it .
- I also shredded some cheese to add after cooking.
The kids loved these baked apples for dessert! Erica even said she liked it better than s’mores!! We sliced apples, topped with brown sugar and cinnamon. Then, wrapped in foil and put on the fire.
We had a great time camping, and ate well- which really cut back on the crankiness! Gotta love that! What food ideas do you have for camping?