- 4 medium bagel, wheat
- 1 medium onion, red
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 slice turkey breast, deli style
- 4 ounce Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 2 leaf outer lettuce
- 2 medium orange
- Slice bagels in half horizontally and toast in a toaster; slice onion and tomato.
- On the stove, warm a skillet to medium heat.
- Make 4 small “sandwich” piles by layering turkey, cheese, onions, and tomatoes (in that order) on a cutting board. Transfer piles to the hot skillet, keeping turkey on the bottom.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 4 minutes until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, spread mustard onto bagels.
- Add warmed sandwich piles to the bottoms of the bagels; top with a lettuce leaf and then the tops of the bagels, forming 4 sandwiches. Cut each in half if desired. Serve with orange wedges.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie