Our Turkey Bagel Sandwiches are packed with flavorful and nutritious ingredients. They make an absolutely delicious and filling lunch or quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Amazing Loaded Turkey Bagel Sandwiches
When I need a quick and easy meal… that is also delicious and satisfying… these turkey bagel sandwiches are where I turn. Loaded high with fresh veggies, tons of flavor, plenty of texture, the crunch of the topping… they hit the spot every time.
I like to pile ours up with lettuce, juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, crunchy banana peppers, creamy slices of cheese, and lots of tender turkey (black pepper turkey is our favorite). But feel free to use your favorite turkey- or substitute sliced ham, chicken, or roast beef. They’re absolutely perfect for packed lunches or easy dinners… and a favorite with everyone!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make a Turkey Bagel Sandwich:
- Red Onion
- Banana Peppers
- Dijon Mustard
How to Make Turkey Bagel Sandwiches:
- Toast the bagel. Optional, but obviously delicious. If I’m packing these sandwiches into lunches, I usually skip this step. Alternately, if I am making them for the whole crew, I’ll slice all the bagels, place them on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast them in the oven under the broiler for just a minute or two until nice and golden.
- Prep your toppings. Slice your tomatoes, red onion, and cucumbers, rinse your lettuce, and get out the rest of your ingredients.
- Assemble your turkey bagel sandwiches. Once your bagels are nice and toasted, each half with a thin layer of dijon mustard. Pile the bottom halves high with lettuce, turkey, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and banana peppers. Add the other half of the bagel on top and dig in!
Tips & Suggestions:
What bagels are good with turkey bagel sandwiches?
Everything bagels are our very favorite, but there are lots of other tasty options! You can also try asiago cheese bagels, onion bagels, whole wheat bagels, or good ol’ plain bagels. Or, make slider versions with mini bagels!
What else is good on a turkey bagel sandwich?
It goes without saying that this sandwich is completely customizable. Here are some other tasty toppings to try on your bagel sandwich:
- Spread: Cream cheese, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, pesto, or hummus.
- Cheese: Cheddar, pepper jack, swiss, gouda, havarti, monterey jack, or american.
- Fresh Veggies: Spinach, bell pepper slices, thinly sliced apples, matchstick carrots, or avocado.
- Other toppings: Pickles, sun-dried tomatoes, sliced hard-boiled eggs, or crispy bacon slices,
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes:
- The Most Amazing Tuna Sandwich
- Veggie Sandwich with Herbed Cream Cheese
- Turkey Ranch Wrap
- Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
Turkey Bagel Sandwich
- Slice bagels in half horizontally and toast in a toaster until slightly golden.
- While bagels are toasting, slice the red onion into very thin rings. Slice the tomato, rinse and pat the lettuce dry, and slice the cucumber.
- To assemble the sandwiches, lay each bagel half on a clean work surface. Spread each half with dijon mustard. Layer lettuce, turkey, cheese, tomato slice, cucumber slices, banana peppers, and red onion. Top with the other half of the bagel. Press down on the sandwich slightly and cut in half. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie