What I love about this holiday tray, is that you don’t have to be a food artist to pull it off. Bring it to your next holiday buffet and it will be gobbled up!
To make this tray, we simply used a round platter, with a small bowl in the middle.
We filled the platter with broccoli and cherry tomatoes. We also added two slices of pepper that we cut into a star to make it extra festive.
Then, for the bow, we simply sliced off a piece of the top of a red bell pepper, and then cut two strips out of the side for the ties on the bow.
The dip was super healthy! Instead of ranch (which would also be great here), we used a recipe modified from Dr. Fuhrman’s book, Eat for Health. The recipe used cashews and tofu to make it creamy, and spices to make it delicious.
Broccoli is a super food! As a member of the cruciferous family, broccoli is a great source of
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
- and even folate.
Broccoli has been shown to reduce inflammation, detox naturally, and reduce cancer risk. We love broccoli, and it’s especially smart to have this superfood on your side during the holidays!
So, give this dip a try and let us know how it goes!
- 1 cup Tofu, firm
- 3 medium dates, Medjool
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalk green onion
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 sprigs dill
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in the fridge in an airtight container, for us to 5 days.
- To serve, arrange broccoli on a platter with tomatoes. Slice pepper and cut into little stars as garnish. Place dressing in the center.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie