Thick slices of bread dipped in a pumpkin spice mixture, cooked until golden brown, and drizzled with pure maple syrup make this Pumpkin French Toast one of our favorite Fall breakfasts!
How to make Pumpkin French Toast
The great thing about this delicious Pumpkin French toast is that the only real difference is that you add pumpkin puree to your egg mixture. It not only makes the custard mixture super creamy, but it also adds nutrition to your french toast!
Why should you add pumpkin to your french toast?
- Pumpkin is low in calories, yet super high in nutrients
- High in antioxidants like alpha and beta carotene (can help support immune function, vision health, and slow aging)
- Good source of magnesium
- High in fiber
This version of French toast got an A+ From my kids!
Pumpkin French Toast
- 4 slices thick bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together until well combined.
- Soak both sides of bread in egg mixture.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add butter.
- Cook bread until both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
- Top with pure maple syrup and serve warm.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie