Cheese balls come in so many different flavors, with lots of different ingredients and toppings. They can range from really great healthy ingredients, to smashed up orange food-dye laden Doritos. This cheese ball is incredibly simple with only 4 ingredients and also an added veggie! We used red bell pepper to decorate our cheese ‘ball’ for a fun and delicious festive dish for a Holiday party! The red bell pepper is sweet and crunchy and compliments perfectly the creamy salty cheese.
To make this, combine your ingredients into a bowl and mix together using a hand mixture, spoon, or stand mixture until creamy. We used White Sharp White cheddar so that it would all be white. Plus – bonus! It doesn’t contain any food dyes. I buy mine at Costco in a 2 lb brick.
Spoon the mixture onto your serving tray, in the shape of a candy cane and use the back of a spoon to finish shaping and smoothing it. Wipe off any excess from your platter.
Dice your red bell peppers into small pieces. Begin to press them onto the cheese in a line. Alternate leaving a space of white cheese in between red bell pepper to look like candy cane stripes.
Serve with pita chips, crackers and veggies sticks!
- 16 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounce sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 6 serving Crackers, wheat, regular
- Combine ingredients (except red pepper) in a large bowl and mix together using a mixer or large spoon. You can also combine ingredients in a stand mixer.
- Shape cheese mixture on a platter into a candy cane shape.
- Dice red bell pepper into very small pieces.
- Press the pepper pieces onto the cheese ball leaving white spaces to look like the stripes of a candy cane. Serve with crackers.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie