- 2 Potato medium (2-1/4″ to 3-1/4″ dia) russet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1 lb beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 roll hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 cucumber (8-1/4″) cucumber
- 1 medium whole (2-3/5″ dia) tomato, red
- 12 tsp or 1 packet mustard
- 4 medium (3″ dia) apple
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse and peel potatoes (or leave the skin for added nutrition!). Slice into 1/2 slices, then cut into strips, or even more fun would be to use metal food cutters; check it out here! Toss potatoes into a bowl with a lid; drizzle with olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; seal bowl with the lid and shake to coat potatoes. Spread evenly onto a large baking sheet; bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix beef, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and garlic powder in a large glass bowl. Shape into 4 regular size hamburger patties (or 8 mini ones); place patties into preheated skillet; brown on both sides, cooking until no longer pink in the center.
- Prepare the sides and toppings by cutting carrots into sticks, slicing cucumbers and tomatoes; place on the side in separate dishes or on a serving platter.
- Serve hamburgers on a whole wheat bun with mustard, tomato slice and cucumber slices; potatoes. Cut carrots into sticks, and slice apples. Serve on the side.
Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1214mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 27g