- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 15 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 3 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 2 cup blackberries
- Dice onion, mince garlic; dice bell pepper and carrots. Grate zucchini.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium low heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add bell pepper, carrot and zucchini, stir to combine.
- Raise heat to medium and saute about 10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Add ground beef, and cook until completely browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Add diced tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, chili powder, and salt and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve on buns with blackberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie