- 1 medium pomegranate
- 2 medium orange
- 2 medium apple
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 8 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Cut up fruit and combine fruit salad. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Cut a hole in the middle of each slice of bread by pressing a drinking glass down onto the bread firmly, while twisting slightly. Remember: Don’t waste any of the bread. The pieces cut out can be used to dip into the yolk!
- Place as many slices of bread in the pan as will comfortably fit.
- Crack an egg open and drop into each cutout hole.
- Cook the egg and the bread for 2 minutes. Then, flip to cook the other side for 1-2 more minutes. Cook until the bread is a light, golden brown and the egg is cooked to desired doneness.
- Place your “eggs in a basket” on a plate and serve with butter and fruit salad on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie