- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 3 ounce mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice egg plant 1/4 inch thick.
- In a shallow dish combine egg, milk, and pepper. In another bowl stir together Panko, Parmesan cheese, and basil.
- Dip eggplant slices in the milk mixture to coat, then dip both sides in the cracker mixture.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray coating and arrange eggplant in dish.
- Pour marinara over eggplant.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the eggplant is tender.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes more.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 732mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g