- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 3 ounce mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice egg plant 1/4 inch thick.
- In a shallow dish combine egg, milk, and pepper. In another bowl stir together Panko, Parmesan cheese, and basil.
- Dip eggplant slices in the milk mixture to coat, then dip both sides in the cracker mixture.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray coating and arrange eggplant in dish.
- Pour marinara over eggplant.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the eggplant is tender.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes more.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 732mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie