- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 10 3/4 ounce soup, cream of chicken, canned, condensed
- 1 cup water
- 3 wedge yields Laughing Cow cheese
- 10 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 cup watermelon
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place 4 smaller chicken breasts or 2 extra large chicken breasts into the crock pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Pour in the cream of chicken soup and water.
- Cover and allow to cook on low for 3 hours. (Your crockpot may cook faster or slower – this is an estimate).
- When chicken is no longer pink in the middle, shred with two forks while still in the slow cooker and stir.
- Add cheese and vegetables and cook for another 30 minutes, until cheese has melted and veggies are softened and heated through; you may need to stir it once or twice. Meanwhile, prepare rice as directed on package. Cut watermelon into cubes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Turn off crock pot and let stand for a few minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Serve over rice with watermelon on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie