- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 4 medium pear
- Drain chickpeas and add to a food processor along with parsley. Pulse until coarsely chopped yet combined. Add in egg, yogurt, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and flour. Pulse again until combined, scraping sides of food processor occasionally between pulses. Continue to blend until mixture is smooth, being careful not to over blend.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add chickpea batter, making 4 patties by smoothing out with a spoon in a circular motion. Cook each side for 5 minutes, adding more oil as needed. Allow both sides to cook to a golden brown.
- Slice bell peppers and pears. Serve chickpea patties with peppers and pear slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie