- 4 each chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, red
- 2 cup grapes
- 3/4 cup black olives, canned
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- Boil a large stock pot of water; add chicken breasts. Bring back to boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove fully cooked chicken and allow to cool to the touch; shred into smaller pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop onion, halve grapes and olives; add to mixing bowl with chicken.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, add the mayo, yogurt, juice of half the lemon, chopped, fresh parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add mayo mixture to chicken and blend well, coating evenly.
- Slice pitas in half, add some spinach and then stuff with chicken salad. Serve with pepper slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie