- 2 pound butternut squash
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 6 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium apple
- Peel squash and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it becomes hot and begins to shimmer, add squash, onion, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes allowing onion to become translucent; stir occasionally to prevent veggies from sticking and burning.
- Add broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes until squash has become soft and the broth has reduced by about half.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on the package. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
- When squash has softened, remove from heat and allow to cool. Add mixture to a blender and puree.
- Add back to skillet along with cooked pasta and 1/4 cup reserved liquid. Heat over medium and stir until pasta is evenly coated; add more liquid if necessary or desired. Add Parmesan and toss once more.
- Serve with sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 638mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g