Creamy Coconut Butternut Crockpot soup has two orange veggies and a smooth texture kids love! This sweet and savory soup is comforting and simple to make in your slow cooker.
Can you ever have too many butternut squash soup recipes? I think not! The way those things grow and the enormous size you can buy them in can make soup that lasts you a lifetime. In fact, you’ll want several recipes in your recipe box. Here’s one of our favorites: our Sweet Coconut-Butternut Crockpot Soup Recipe.
This sweet and savory soup has a creamy texture and gorgeous color that everyone in your family will love.
And it makes a big batch! We used one squash to get 3 cups of chopped squash for our soup, and it made an entire crockpot full of it! Here’s how we did it.
How to Make Butternut Squash Soup in Your Crockpot.
Then place squash, sweet potato, onion, 1 cup of chicken broth and butter in a slow cooker, and cook on high for about 4 hours.
Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Then add the remaining chicken broth, half and half, cumin, and coconut. Cook it for about 30 more minutes, or until soup is heated through. Sprinkle with extra coconut for garnishing.
You can prep this soup ahead by chopping your butternut squash and storing it in your fridge or freezer until you’re ready to make soup!
Butternut squash is a super nutritious veggie to include in your family’s diet!
Sweet Coconut-Butternut Crockpot Soup
- 3 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 6 slice bread, french
- 2 cup grapes
- Peel and chop squash, sweet potato and onion.
- Place squash, sweet potato, onion, 1 cup of chicken broth and butter in a slow cooker, and cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, or scooping your squash into a regular blender, puree until smooth. Return to crockpot and add remaining chicken broth, half and half, cumin, and coconut.
- Cook for about 30 more minutes, or until soup is heated through. Sprinkle with extra coconut for garnishing. Serve with a slice of French bread and chilled grapes on the side.