Spring has sprung with these adorable Bunny Pancakes that are simple and nutritious!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large egg
- 2 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips, dark
- 1/4 cup Whipped Cream
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl to make pancake batter. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Once skillet is hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter into skillet to form and cook a circle pancake.
- Next, pour a small amount of batter to make two smaller, more oval shaped pancakes for the feet.
- Finally, pour approximately 2 tablespoons of batter in two separate spots to make ears.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Arrange the pancakes on each plate to resemble a bunny.
- For the feet, add a slice of a strawberry and 2 chocolate chips each to complete the “pads.” Use 3 chips each to make the eyes and nose.
- Use a spritz of whipped cream (or yogurt if preferred) to make the tail and you are finished. (Kids love to squirt their own whipped cream!) Serve with remaining strawberry slices on the side.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 460mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie