- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan, fat-side up. Score the ham with cuts across the skin, about 2-inches apart and 1/2-inch deep. Then cut diagonally down the previously made slashes to form a diamond pattern. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place sage in a bowl with the oil, mixing to make a paste. Rub the sage-oil all over the ham and into the slits.
- Bake the ham for 2 hours.
- While ham is baking, add all ingredients for the glaze to a saucepan and place over medium heat. Slowly cook the liquid down until syrupy; this should take about 30 minutes.
- After the first 2 hours of baking, top the ham with the tangerine glaze. Continue to cook for 1 1/2 hours more, basting with juices every 30 minutes until ham is dark, crispy, and glistening with a sugary glaze.
- Set the ham on a cutting board to rest a few minutes before carving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie