- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Chop chicken breasts into chunks, and cook in hot skillet until the center is no longer pink.
- Mince garlic; add to chicken along with the ground ginger. Cook for another minute.
- Add broccoli to skillet; toss to combine.
- Combine broth, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, salt, corn starch and water in a small bowl, pour over chicken and broccoli. Put a lid on the skillet and let cook until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Drain oranges and add to broccoli and chicken; heat through.
- Serve over cooked brown rice and top with sliced almonds.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie