Warm and tender blueberry muffins with hearty oats and the added nutrition of flax seeds all under a sweet and crunchy oat topping.
How to Make Blueberry Oat Muffins
These are not your run of the mill muffins. Not only are they absolutely delicious – they have so many powerhouse ingredients that you would feel good about your kids living off of just these! Greek yogurt, applesauce, flaxseed, oats and blueberries. Each one of these gives these muffins major added nutrition, and adds to the texture and flavor as well.
I start these muffins by whisking together the wet ingredients, and then separately whisking the dry ingredients. It might seem unnecessary, but trust me……if you want a light and fluffy muffin then do them seperate.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe. When blueberries are in season then I always use fresh – but to be honest – you can’t really tell the difference in these muffins between fresh and frozen!
More Healthy Muffin Recipes:
Blueberry Oat Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together yogurt, applesauce, ground flaxseed, eggs, milk, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Whisk together remaining dry ingredients. Add to the yogurt mixture; stir together just until combined.
- Gently fold in frozen blueberries (no need to thaw).
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly before removing to wire racks.
Oat Crumble Topping
- Whisk together oats, flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in butter until a crumb starts to form.
- Sprinkle on each muffin before baking.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie